Hot Topics / Bills?

  • John Factorial
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hey Josh,

      OpenCongress has a "Hot Bills" section that highlights the most popular bills getting media attention today. Any idea how they're doing that with your data, if at all? It's not just "most viewed" on their site, they have a separate section for that. Just curious if there's some portion of your API that I have overlooked that might describe legislation popularity in some way.

      Unrelated heads-up: http://www.govtrack.us/downstream.xpd links to http://takecountryback.us/, which is a 404.

      Thanks!
      John
    • Andrew Ross
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
        John,

        The "Hot Bills" on OpenCongress are selected by one of our editorial staff.  They are not indicated as such in the Govtrack data.

        However, you can get that information from our API as described here: http://www.opencongress.org/api

        If you have any more questions, let me know.

        Thanks,
        Andy

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
          Nice! Thank you, Andy. -j

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
            On 01/28/2010 09:26 AM, John Factorial wrote:
            > http://www.newballot.org is using GovTrack data and loving it. We're just getting off the ground and have many improvements to make, but we're already sending over 200 votes to congress members in 5 states.

            Great. Keep the list posted with any changes. I've added a link to
            http://www.govtrack.us/downstream.xpd.

            Josh
          • John Factorial
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010