Co-sponsor info?

  • Andrew Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
      Hey Josh,

      Noticing govtrack is missing co-sponsor data an all bills (at least all of the bills I have seen):

      http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3590
      http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1
      http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-2853

      As such, we're not getting co-sponsor data in the rsync.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Andy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
        Yah, I noticed this morning. THOMAS seems to have made a few changes in
        their formatting in the last week, and as it happened I did a full
        update of 111th Cong bill data after that but without noticing, so all
        bills lost that.

        If you or anyone notices anything else missing, let me know.

        I'll need maybe a day to fix it.

        - Josh Tauberer
        - CivicImpulse

        http://razor.occams.info
        http://www.civicimpulse.com

        On 01/07/2010 01:43 PM, Andrew Ross wrote:
        > Hey Josh,
        >
        > Noticing govtrack is missing co-sponsor data an all bills (at least all of the bills I have seen):
        >
        > http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3590
        > http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1
        > http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-2853
        >
        > As such, we're not getting co-sponsor data in the rsync.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Andy

      • Scott Lay
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
          At least Thomas hasn't screwed up all its dates with the new year like the California system has.  All of the bills being amended are being given a file format starting with 2001 instead of 2010!  Took me a while to realize what broke my system at aroundthecapitol.com.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2010
            Should be fixed now.

            Amendments also had broken. Hopefully we won't find any more surprises
            from THOMAS. They changed some "<br>" tags to "<br />" in their output.