need some pointers

  • Jack Angelo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2009
      is there a RESTful way to get xml that tells me how a specific congressperson voted on a specific bill. For example, how did John Olver vote on bill HR3288?

      thanks,

      jack
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2009
        On 12/16/2009 08:47 PM, Jack Angelo wrote:
        > is there a RESTful way to get xml that tells me how a specific
        congressperson voted on a specific bill. For example, how did John
        Olver vote on bill HR3288?

        You can start with the XML file for the bill:
        http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/bills/h3288.xml

        Look for actions/vote nodes where how="roll".

        Then put the where, year, and roll info together to form this URL:
        http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/rolls/h2009-637.xml