Re: [govtrack] Seeking coder for research project using congressional district lookup API

  • David Airey
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2009
      of course I'll help if I can

      David Airey, aka, MrWonderful

      --- On Wed, 9/23/09, davidnyc999 <davidnyc@...> wrote:

      From: davidnyc999 <davidnyc@...>
      Subject: [govtrack] Seeking coder for research project using congressional district lookup API
      To: govtrack@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 8:48 PM

      Hi all,

      I am working on a research project and am looking for a coder to assist.

      I have a CSV file with individual address records that also contain latitude & longitude data for each record. I would like to be able to update the file to include Congressional Districts for each record. I am aware of this database/software:

      http://www.mobileco mmons.com/ developers/ legislative- lookup/

      Which looks like it would be of great help. I think a script which would process the whole CSV file and then spit back a new CSV file with CDs would probably be the ideal solution. As mentioned above, this is a research project. I am not doing this for any commercial purpose or to send junk mail to anyone.

      If you are interested in working with me on this, please let me know! Thanks,

      David