Re: [govtrack] Fixed URLs for House Bills

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2009
      http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/bills.text/111/h/h3200.html (latest version)

      You'll have to browse this list to see what particular versions are also
      available:

      On 08/07/2009 05:57 PM, Harvey S. Frey wrote:

      > Hi Josh:
      >
      > I found a reference to HR3200 on your data.xpd page, but I was unable to
      > find links to the actual text. If you mirror the Thomas site and have
      > non-expiring links to the text of bills, that would be wonderful! (I
      > typed "h.r. 3200" into the Bill Search form, and got an internal error
      > message.)
      >
      > If not, maybe someone could suggest a good program which will download
      > all the links of a given site. I did that once (manually) with the
      > PATRIOT Act (adding hyperlinks to all the obscure citations), and just
      > hosted it off my own site.
      >
      > Harvey
      >

      > Josh Tauberer wrote:
      >> Hey, Harvey.
      >>

      >>> Is there someplace that HTML version of house bills (eg: HR3200) are
      >>> available with fixed URLs?
      >>>

      >> From the government or from GovTrack? From the government, not as far
      >> as I've seen.
      >>
      >> See govtrack's developer section and the "data" directory for my copy of
      >> the HTML found on THOMAS.

    • Harvey S. Frey
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 7, 2009
        Josh:

            Thanks. At least all the text is there in one file.

            In order to satisfy my desire to have links direct to specific sections, I'd still have to write a perl program to try to add hyperlinks, and then host it myself.

        Harvey

        http://razor. occams.info

        On 08/07/2009 05:57 PM, Harvey S. Frey wrote:

        > Hi Josh:
        >
        > I found a reference to HR3200 on your data.xpd page, but I was unable to
        > find links to the actual text. If you mirror the Thomas site and have
        > non-expiring links to the text of bills, that would be wonderful! (I
        > typed "h.r. 3200" into the Bill Search form, and got an internal error
        > message.)
        >
        > If not, maybe someone could suggest a good program which will download
        > all the links of a given site. I did that once (manually) with the
        > PATRIOT Act (adding hyperlinks to all the obscure citations), and just
        > hosted it off my own site.
        >
        > Harvey
        >

        > Josh Tauberer wrote:
        >> Hey, Harvey.
        >>

        >>> Is there someplace that HTML version of house bills (eg: HR3200) are
        >>> available with fixed URLs?
        >>>

        >> From the government or from GovTrack? From the government, not as far
        >> as I've seen.
        >>
        >> See govtrack's developer section and the "data" directory for my copy of
        >> the HTML found on THOMAS.

        Harvey S. Frey MD PhD Esq.
        hsfrey@...  www.harp.org
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2009
          Well if you come up with a new tool I'd be happy to host it.

          Have you see the bill text view on GovTrack since January-ish? It has
          some new permalinking ability.