[Fwd: [open-gov] RFP: Enhanced Code of Federal Regulations]

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      Since I put some funding into this, I hope some people will help out...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        Josh:

        >However, legal record copies of material incorporated by reference are also filed at the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and other NARA facilities. OFR does not distribute IBR materials.<

            Is there a legislator interested in carrying a bill which would require OFR to place all IBR materials online? That would satisfy the requirement that the FR isn't overloaded with technical material, yet provide public access.

            In any case, instead of looking everywhere for copies, why not get the ones which OFR is required to have on file? Even if OFR doesn't "distribute" them, they surely must be required to allow access to them for copying. If they don't, That ought to be the basis for another Veeck-like suit.

        Harvey
        =====================
        Harvey S. Frey MD PhD Esq.
        hsfrey@...   www.harp.org
        ======================
        Contentment makes poor men rich;
        discontent makes rich men poor.
         - Benjamin Franklin
        Since I put some funding into this, I hope some people will help out...

        "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields

            mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
          Interesting points. You'd have to talk to Carl about it though.