Question on using Source Scripts

  • josephsam28
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2009
      BTW Great work you doing. I downloaded the source perl scripts which scrapes data from Thomas and trying to use those them instead of resync XML. What is the recommened way of using those script to get bill and vote updates. I been trying parse_status.pl ALLSESSION 110 1 But any new updates to Bills are not refreshing but running with 0 option gets everything every day though... right? Any help is really appreciated.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2009
        On 03/27/2009 04:31 PM, josephsam28 wrote:
        > BTW Great work you doing. I downloaded the source perl scripts which
        > scrapes data from Thomas and trying to use those them instead of
        > resync XML.

        Why not rsync'ing the XML, out of curiosity?

        What you described is correct. The ALLSESSION thing is to do a full
        update of all bill data, or to get missing files.

        The way to update just changed bills, as best it can figure out, is with
        update_by_digest.pl, which was not in the repository until just now.