Re: [govtrack] Re: The People's Data

  • Ed Summers
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      It does seem key to stress the importance of making the raw data
      available instead of putting the data behind water-fountain like
      web2.0 APIs. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. Perhaps a
      bunch of blog posts pointing to one another is the answer? Where's
      your blog Peggy?

      //Ed

    • francis4ags@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
        Excellent work Josh! you and everyone else who keep govtrack running deserve so much more recognition :)

        Francis

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: tauberer@...
        Date: 2 Mar 2009 08:01:21 -0500
        To: <govtrack@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [govtrack] The People’s Data

        Your friend, tauberer@govtrack. us, wants you to check out this article:

        The People’s Data

      • Peggy Garvin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
          The post is here:
          http://tinyurl.com/b5aryc
          I was a little underwhelmed by the article, so redirected folks to OOGL.

          Blog address is:
          http://sla-divisions.typepad.com/government_information/
          (The audience is a professional association group composed largely of 'non-traditional' librarians working with government info --some commercial vendors, some govt webmasters, some govt agency librarians, some surviving newspaper researchers, etc.)

          Peggy