Re: The People's Data

  • pgrvn
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, tauberer@... wrote:

      > Your friend, tauberer@..., wants you to check out this article:
      > http://www.newsweek.com/id/186991

      Go, Josh! A mention of GovTrack has become de rigeur in these types of
      articles.

      Too bad the reporter focused on government API's and not so much the
      actual people's data. I'll blog it anyway.

      Peggy
    • Ed Summers
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
        It does seem key to stress the importance of making the raw data
        available instead of putting the data behind water-fountain like
        web2.0 APIs. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. Perhaps a
        bunch of blog posts pointing to one another is the answer? Where's
        your blog Peggy?

        //Ed

      • francis4ags@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
          Excellent work Josh! you and everyone else who keep govtrack running deserve so much more recognition :)

          Francis

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: tauberer@...
          Date: 2 Mar 2009 08:01:21 -0500
          To: <govtrack@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [govtrack] The People’s Data

          Your friend, tauberer@govtrack. us, wants you to check out this article:

          The People’s Data

        • Peggy Garvin
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
            The post is here:
            http://tinyurl.com/b5aryc
            I was a little underwhelmed by the article, so redirected folks to OOGL.

            Blog address is:
            http://sla-divisions.typepad.com/government_information/
            (The audience is a professional association group composed largely of 'non-traditional' librarians working with government info --some commercial vendors, some govt webmasters, some govt agency librarians, some surviving newspaper researchers, etc.)

            Peggy