The People’s Data

  • tauberer@govtrack.us
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      Your friend, tauberer@..., wants you to check out this article:

      The People���s Data

    • pgrvn
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
        --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, tauberer@... wrote:

        > Your friend, tauberer@..., wants you to check out this article:
        > http://www.newsweek.com/id/186991

        Go, Josh! A mention of GovTrack has become de rigeur in these types of
        articles.

        Too bad the reporter focused on government API's and not so much the
        actual people's data. I'll blog it anyway.

        Peggy
      • Ed Summers
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
          It does seem key to stress the importance of making the raw data
          available instead of putting the data behind water-fountain like
          web2.0 APIs. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. Perhaps a
          bunch of blog posts pointing to one another is the answer? Where's
          your blog Peggy?

          //Ed

        • francis4ags@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
            Excellent work Josh! you and everyone else who keep govtrack running deserve so much more recognition :)

            Francis

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: tauberer@...
            Date: 2 Mar 2009 08:01:21 -0500
            To: <govtrack@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [govtrack] The People’s Data

            Your friend, tauberer@govtrack. us, wants you to check out this article:

            The People’s Data

          • Peggy Garvin
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
              The post is here:
              http://tinyurl.com/b5aryc
              I was a little underwhelmed by the article, so redirected folks to OOGL.

              Blog address is:
              http://sla-divisions.typepad.com/government_information/
              (The audience is a professional association group composed largely of 'non-traditional' librarians working with government info --some commercial vendors, some govt webmasters, some govt agency librarians, some surviving newspaper researchers, etc.)

              Peggy