Re: [govtrack] Need help moderating Q&A system

  • Jessy Cowan-sharp
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2009
      silly question, but can you provide a link to the Q&A section? it's not obvious to me from the front page...

      On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:

      Hi, folks.

      The bill Q&A system on GovTrack is getting lots and lots of submissions
      lately. 1400 submissions this month alone so far. It's starting to hit
      the limit of the time I can spend moderating it, which means I am not
      carefully reading the submissions anymore to make sure they don't
      violate some unstated standards that I would like to maintain
      (anonymity, non-inflammatory, good intentions, citations where
      appropriate, no all-caps writing, etc.).

      A good chunk of the submissions lately are noise --- complains about a
      gun control law that have little value on the Q&A system, which I
      moderate-out. I approve around 40% of the submissions.

      Suggestions? Volunteers to help? (Conceivably paid volunteers.)

      I have a long term vision that involves distributed moderation by
      volunteers that choose particular topic areas.

      Jessy Cowan-Sharp
      quaternio.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2009
        There's no section exactly. Every bill page has a Q&A box, e.g.:
        http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-675

        and there's a feed:
        http://www.govtrack.us/users/events.xpd?monitors=misc%3aquestions