Re: [govtrack] Re: State Govtrack Instances

  • Daniel Lathrop
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 17, 2009
      There is already a  great group working to do Legislative data at the state and local level across the country, Knowledge As Power. KAP's first proof-of-concept-beta last year was Washington state, and they're about to crank into gear for the new session having just gotten enough money to move forward.

      Their Web site is KnowledgeAsPower.org and I would strongly recommend anyone doing work in that space in Washington State get in touch with them.

      Daniel Lathrop
      Seattle Post-Intelligencer

      On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:26 PM, dma0380 <david.ayres3@...> wrote:

      Jeff,

      I have plans to start collecting that data for a different project
      and, while I'm at it, contribute it back to Govtrack. If you decide to
      move forward on it, let me know. I'd certainly like to collaborate
      with you.

      Dave

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Craig <foxxtrot@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone begun any projects to port the govtrack system to
      tracking any state legislatures? As a Washhington state resident (and
      state employee), I'm interested in tracking the activites of the
      state. If anyone has embarked on such a project, I would like to help.
      If not, I'm likely to start working on it myself.

      --
      Daniel Lathrop
      Investigative Reporter
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2009
        Daniel,

        Thanks for the information. I'll have to get in touch with KAP. Do you know if they are going to continue focusing on Washington state this year or if there are plans on expanding in the near future?

        Dave

        --
        Daniel Lathrop
        Investigative Reporter

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2009
          Daniel Lathrop wrote:
          > There is already a great group working to do Legislative data at the
          > state and local level across the country, Knowledge As Power. KAP's
          > first proof-of-concept-beta last year was Washington state, and they're
          > about to crank into gear for the new session having just gotten enough
          > money to move forward.
          >
          > Their Web site is KnowledgeAsPower.org and I would strongly recommend
          > anyone doing work in that space in Washington State get in touch with them.

          It would be great if someone would put together a list of legislation
          tracking websites for all 50 states and territories.

        • Aaron Swartz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19, 2009

            Check out the parliamentary informatics article on Wikipedia.

            On Jan 19, 2009 9:12 AM, "Josh Tauberer" <tauberer@...> wrote:

            Daniel Lathrop wrote: > There is already a great group working to do Legislative data at the > sta...

            It would be great if someone would put together a list of legislation
            tracking websites for all 50 states and territories.

            "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields