Re: [govtrack] Re: xml data

  • Joshua Tauberer
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
      Wilsongreg wrote:
      > --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Tauberer <tauberer@f...> wrote:
      > > Plus I have a database mapping congressional districts to
      > > latitute/longitudes. I don't remember where I found it, but I can send
      > > it to you if you'd like.
      >
      > do you have a similar mapping of zip codes to congressional districts?

      Heh, yeah, it's actually all part of the same database. I've posted it
      at the address below, but note that it's going to be obsolete in January.

      http://www.govtrack.us/data/misc/cities.csv

      The columns are mostly evident: state, city, congressional district,
      something weird with the zip code, alternate names, zipcode, area code,
      latitute, longitude.

      I don't have a database yet with the redistricting for 2005. (If you
      happen to come across one, let me know.)