Fwd: An Invitation to Participate: "Open Everything: A Conversation on Openness, Access and Transparency"

  • Alnisa Allgood
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      Hi All-

      I spoke to Josh last week, abut being able to forward an invitation to
      the list. We are looking to find individuals working on open
      government issues to participate in "Open Everything: A Conversation
      on Openness, Access and Transparency." The event is scheduled for
      Saturday, 6 December 2008 from 10am til 5pm, in the Capitol Conference
      Room, of Grainger Hall, on the UW Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. See:
      http://openeverything.wik.is/index.php?title=Madison%2C_WI for more
      details.

      Individuals local to the Madison, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago
      region(s) would be great. You can self-select.

      The event is basically an all day (10am-5pm) roundtable conversation
      between individuals working on 'open' issues from a number of
      sectors/areas: government (govtrack.us, transparency, accountability,
      etc), education (open courseware, free culture, open access),
      libraries (open access, public domain, creative commons), nonprofits
      (accountability, transparency, oss), technology, journalism, etc.
      Literally, bright and active minds from a number of sectors talking
      about what has been done, what can be done, and how to work together
      to get it done.

      On a side note, the Madison Open Everything event, will be a sister
      event to both Open Everything: Berlin, and Open Everything: Hong Kong.
      Three (3) events, 3 cities, 3 countries, 1 day. Each event is a full
      day event on 6 December 2008. The first cross-coordinated effort for
      the Open Everything events.

      We are working with Berlin and Hong Kong to establish methods so
      participants from all events can collaborate and communicate if
      interest.

      I really hope there is someone from GovTrack.us list that is using
      working with the data, that could come. Please let me know, if you
      plan to attend this event. You can contact me personally, via email or
      telephone at 608.241.3616 or you can RSVP your attendance using either
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=38899161287 or
      Google: http://snipurl.com/56k4z

      If you know someone working in this realm, who lives near Madison, or
      wouldn't mind traveling for an couple of hours, then please forward
      this message to them.

      Sincerely,

      Alnisa