[Fwd: [openhouseproject] Open Senate Project Launches]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2008
      The Open Senate Project was launched today. This is a follow-up to the
      Open House Project, still a Sunlight Foundation project; this time I'm
      co-coordinating so you may see me being a bit more pro-active in getting
      all of your feedback on things over the next few months.

      The goal of OSP is, in my eyes, to document the state of affairs for the
      Senate's use of technology and to put forward attainable goals for
      better uses of technology in the public's interest, for transparency,
      oversight, civic participation, etc.

      I personally would like to see OSP take a more research-oriented
      approach to documenting the state of affairs, and I may need some help,
      if anyone is willing, to do some basic research on what the Senate does
      now with respect to technology.

      If you have thoughts or want to get involved in civic technology at a
      policy level, join the OSP mail list (which is the same as the OHP mail
      list)! See below!

      Josh