Re: Proposed new terms of data use

  • aronpilhofer
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 15, 2008
      > Well, look, I wasn't making a statement about APIs in general.

      Fair enough. I move to strike my statement from the record.

      > For all the time I put into it, I think I get a little say in how it >is

      I guess that depends on what restrictions you do decide to slap on it,
      if any. I'm not telling you anything you don't know -- but that's part
      of the deal when you decide to open things up. People take and don't
      play nice. It sucks, but you can't really have it both ways.

      >The fact that someone isn't contributing data >that
      > they have back doesn't mean I stop asking.

      No one said that. But putting some kind of license on the data to
      enforce it, that's another matter.