Re: [govtrack] House Committee/Subcomm Votes

  • Ken Colburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
      Interesting thought, however this would likely have to be fought on its
      merits rather than law enforcement as Congress generally exempts itself
      from civil rights and employment laws. Another soft point is the
      Congressional Internet Caucus:
      http://www.netcaucus.org/members/ A congressional body devoted to
      increasing use of the Internet should at the least be willing to support
      making committee/subcommittee votes accessible on the Internet. My
      experience is that press on the Hill and interest groups involved with
      openness issues (e.g. http://www.cdt.org/righttoknow/10mostwanted/) are
      aware of the problem but see it as a lesser priority than a lot of other
      issues. The Govtrack group, focused on making government information
      accessible, could play an important role in pursuing the issue.

      Ken

      *********