Re: [govtrack] Subcommittee?

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
      > Does govtrack have votes from things in committee? Is this
      > information publicly available somewhere?

      Not really. Committees sometimes put it up but not in any standard
      format; writing parsers for all of these is an open project that
      MAPLight is looking for people to do.
    • John Wonderlich
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
        Josh can talk about what govtrack offers, but I can let you know that committee (and subcommittee) votes are rarely available online.  I'm looking into various ways of pressuring or requiring that committees post record votes online.

        Voice votes, and votes totals, are included in committee reports, but the identity of those voting is rarely posted, and is usually only available on paper from the committee, in person.

        john

        On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck@...> wrote:

        I recently saw a video from 2004 CSPAN coverage showing a subcommittee
        (Sponsored Enterprises).