Re: [govtrack] New "Learn" section on GovTrack

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2 5:46 PM
      I can't really commit to writing them myself, but I'd be happy to read
      them over and contribute portions.
    • Aaron Swartz
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2 5:51 PM
        > Like how each of the apparently unrelated pork items in the Senate
        > Bailout bill was directed at a specific member of the House who had voted
        > against the previous Bailout bill, in an effort to change his vote? That was

        I think this is one of the things that's "common knowledge" in DC.
        Ezra Klein has a post about it today:

        http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/ezraklein_archive?month=10&year=2008&base_name=the_case_for_earmarks

        citing this 2006 piece arguing against the Sunlight Foundation:

        http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=874590f6-6d63-432d-b49d-9218fc609379