Cause Caller

  • Fred Benenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 9:48 AM

      Hi GovTrack community!

      This is my thesis, that I launched in May of 2008:

      http://www.causecaller.com/

      I came up with the idea of automating call queues for phone banks while trying to organize one for myself, it was a total hassle to find everyone's phone number on a particular committee, so I built CommitteeCaller last semester.  Over the last couple of months I've worked with several local causes to develop the idea into a generalized activist tool that is my thesis -- Cause Caller. The result is a fully extendable, platform that drives a "live" VoIP application that hopefully takes a lot of the hassle out of phone banking.

      Dozens of causes have been added to it and it has been picked up by some big campaigns (Google's Free the Airwaves for example).

      I'm working on adding some additional features soon, but I spoke to Josh recently and he mentioned I should post to this list, so while it doesn't use any data directly from GovTrack, I figured it'd be of interest.

      Best,

      Fred Benenson
      Cause Caller