GovTrack updates its appearance

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
      Thanks to Dan Gabriel, the visual appearance of GovTrack has been
      totally revamped. Check it out.

      It's not totally finished, but I wanted to push the changes so I can
      take a break from the site for a while.

    • Seth Woodworth
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
        I am really happy to see the community springing up around GovTrack and seeing substantial contributions to the project.

        I find it a little harder to get to the interesting searches, and with the new design it's not quite as readily apparent what kind of data one can get from GovTrack.  In the old design I had a rough idea of what data I could find at govtrack within two clicks.

        Overall this is an amazing step forward for GovTrack.  And I hope to see more incremental improvements.

        --S
      • Alnisa Allgood
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
          I like the changes. Makes it easier for newbies and experienced users
          to find things.

          Alnisa

          On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
          > Thanks to Dan Gabriel, the visual appearance of GovTrack has been
          > totally revamped. Check it out.
          >
          > It's not totally finished, but I wanted to push the changes so I can
          > take a break from the site for a while.

          > - GovTrack.us

          > Tortoise (in "Godel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadter)

        • Marjorie Roswell
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
            http://www.govtrack.us/
            Looks great

            One thing I note is that the "Track Legislation" Google ad was so
            prominent, it almost competes for attention with the main "primary
            links" on the page (Primary Links is a Drupal term, I mean the links
            across the top of the page.)

            Can you make:
            Track, Research, Get Involved, About GovTrack
            a little bit bigger?

            I'm ever, and always impressed with the awesome work of this community,

            Margie

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
              Thanks belatedly for all of the feedback on the new design. We'll be
              revising some things... eventually.