Re: xml data

  • Wilsongreg
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Tauberer <tauberer@f...> wrote:

      <snip>

      this looks like a great tool. i look forward to investigating it
      further. thanks for your work!

      > Plus I have a database mapping congressional districts to
      > latitute/longitudes. I don't remember where I found it, but I can send
      > it to you if you'd like.

      do you have a similar mapping of zip codes to congressional districts?

      thanks!

      greg wilson

      > --
      > - Joshua Tauberer
      >
      > http://taubz.for.net
      >
      > ** Nothing Unreal Exists **
    • Joshua Tauberer
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
        Wilsongreg wrote:
        > --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Tauberer <tauberer@f...> wrote:
        > > Plus I have a database mapping congressional districts to
        > > latitute/longitudes. I don't remember where I found it, but I can send
        > > it to you if you'd like.
        >
        > do you have a similar mapping of zip codes to congressional districts?

        Heh, yeah, it's actually all part of the same database. I've posted it
        at the address below, but note that it's going to be obsolete in January.

        http://www.govtrack.us/data/misc/cities.csv

        The columns are mostly evident: state, city, congressional district,
        something weird with the zip code, alternate names, zipcode, area code,
        latitute, longitude.

        I don't have a database yet with the redistricting for 2005. (If you
        happen to come across one, let me know.)