Name-id's

  • Scott Beardsley
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- Scott Beardsley <sc0ttbeardsley@...> wrote:

      > I've got an email into
      > xml-bill-comments@... for more info about
      > name-id.

      I'm still not sure if there is an underlying source of
      the name-id but it seems they are becoming
      standardized on whatever the bioguide is using.

      Scott

      From "Carmel, Joe" <joe.carmel@...>:

      For the House, the name-id is the Member's id from
      http://bioguide.congress.gov This provides a unique
      identification for each Member of Congress for all
      time.

      The ids are unique and you should not assume anything
      about their numbering; if anything you should assume
      the numbering is random (although unique). Do not
      assume that a given name will begin with a specific
      letter because they don't.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail