Fw: political parsers: new mailing list

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27 10:41 AM
      Begin forwarded message:

      Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:30:04 -0700
      From: "Aaron Swartz" <me@...>
      To: odog@..., open-government@...

      Hi everyone,

      I'm sure you're all already on too many mailing lists, but I'd like to
      invite you to a new one I'm starting that I think is really important.
      As I've gotten more involved working on watchdog.net, I realize
      there's quite a large community of people working on parsing what
      might be called political data -- everything from SEC filings to
      Census statistics. And, unfortunately, these people don't talk to each
      other much, leading to a lot of duplication and confusion.

      I'm hoping to fix that with a new list, called poliparse, and if
      you're interested in this stuff I invite you to sign up here:

      http://groups.google.com/group/poliparse

      As part of it, I'm creating this wiki page listing the variety of data
      sets we deal with and the different kinds of people on the list:

      http://theinfo.org/get/politics

      Please join the list, take a look at the wiki page, and invite anyone
      else you think might be interested to join the list as well.

      Thanks so much!
      - Aaron

      visit this group at
      http://groups.google.com/group/open-government?hl=en