Re: [govtrack] Re: question about voting

  • Harvey Frey
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 26, 2008
      The engine used by wikipedia is available for free for non-profit use at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki.

      I had once thought of using it on my own website, but I think it's beyond my technical skills.

          A couple of others that looked attractive were Midgard Wiki and MoinMoin. An extensive comparison is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software

      I'd be happy to moderate (and I think it SHOULD be moderated, to avoid wikipedia-style edit wars) the discussion on ERISA and health care.

      As for a legislator willing to consider hoppering a bill to fix ERISA, I notice that Jean Shaheen, running in New Hampshire, has expressly made that part of her platform.

      Harvey

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 26, 2008
        I would love to volunteer for technical tasks.  Especially for web app programming, etc.  As time permits.

        I've installed a lot of wiki's, calendars, credit card/debit card processing for many clubs, etc.

        the credit card/debit card processing is also free for nonprofits.