Re: [govtrack] dataset for data mining
- On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
>I did not use slides. The presentation was:
> Neil Drumm wrote:
> > I am doing a presentation on this tomorrow in Sunnyvale, CA at the
> > News Tools Drupal day,
> > http://www.mediagiraffe.org/wiki/index.php/Jtm-sv-drupal.
> If you have slides, please post them here!
* Brief tour of maplight.org
* Brief tour of themiddleclass.org
* Explanation of where the data comes from, Thomas, GovTrack, and SunLight API
* Demonstration of example code at
** Example 1 is a table of recent roll votes by Clinton, Obama, and
McCain. They have been missing a lot of votes.
** Example 2 changes
<a title="House vote #233">House vote</a>
<a title="House vote #233"
vote</a> (passed 247 to 165)
using Drupal's filter API, which covers all posting/blog/article/node text.