Re: [govtrack] dataset for data mining

  • Neil Drumm
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2008
      On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:

      > Neil Drumm wrote:
      > > I am doing a presentation on this tomorrow in Sunnyvale, CA at the
      > > News Tools Drupal day,
      > > http://www.mediagiraffe.org/wiki/index.php/Jtm-sv-drupal.
      >
      > If you have slides, please post them here!

      I did not use slides. The presentation was:
      * Brief tour of maplight.org
      * Brief tour of themiddleclass.org
      * Explanation of where the data comes from, Thomas, GovTrack, and SunLight API
      * Demonstration of example code at
      http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/modules/legislature/examples/
      ** Example 1 is a table of recent roll votes by Clinton, Obama, and
      McCain. They have been missing a lot of votes.
      ** Example 2 changes
      <a title="House vote #233">House vote</a>
      into
      <a title="House vote #233"
      href="http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-233">House
      vote</a> (passed 247 to 165)
      using Drupal's filter API, which covers all posting/blog/article/node text.

      --
      Neil Drumm
      http://delocalizedham.com