Re: [govtrack] Re: Advertising ethics and ramifications question

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2008
      All,

      I've continued to read all of your responses very carefully --- it's all
      been very helpful.

      tyhartwig wrote:
      > If at all possible you should shop around for companies that
      > you can justify being sponsored by. I don't think a fox news
      > sponsorship or a moveon.org would be in line with your govtrack
      > philosophy ... although if you did them both side by side ;).

      Heh, I like that side by side idea.

      No, actually, I definitely don't have time to shop around for money in
      the first place. The ad that will go online is pretty neutral, and
      seemingly respectable.

      > Personally, I hope you get enough
      > revenue to expand the site and hire staff!

      Now that would be something!

      > Maybe some paralegal to
      > complete the bills that ammend other bills "strike sec a216 etc",

      You'd think this would be something the government would do, right? As
      I've read, Congress has cut lots of funding for actually figuring out
      what the law *is* (which is, by looking carefully at how each new thing
      amends old things, etc.)

      > do you have a link banner?

      Well, I can make one:
      http://www.govtrack.us/media/linklogo.png