[Fwd: announce theinfo.org: a community for people who work with large data sets]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2008
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: announce theinfo.org: a community for people who work with
      large data sets
      Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:56:42 -0800
      From: Aaron Swartz <me@...>
      To: open-government@...

      When I was at the Open Government meeting in Sebastapol the other
      month, Larry Lessig asked whether there was a community of scrapers.
      It was a good question. There were communities for people who scraped
      news sites, and people who scraped book data, and that meeting had
      lots of people who scrape Open Government data, but there was no
      community that cut across these topical lines. So I've put one
      together:

      http://theinfo.org/

      I hope people involved in this stuff will join the mailing lists and
      get involved.