Re: [govtrack] cosponsored feed for a rep

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
      Tim McGhee wrote:
      > Actually on closer examination, I'm not sure that this new ps: feature
      > is exactly what was requested, though I'm grateful as always that Josh
      > is still as quick as ever to respond to user feature requests.
      >
      > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rob was looking for a feed
      > for member(s) that showed the bills to which a member had added or
      > dropped his name.

      I am not sure, but I think I understood right.

      > As its implemented right now, the ps: feed seems to be a feed of any and
      > all activity for every bill on which a member has put his name. That
      > would seem to have a lot more information in it than what some of us
      > would find useful.

      That's true.

      > Also, as I read on the FAQ, it sounds like cosponsor information is only
      > updated monthly.
      > http://www.govtrack.us/faq.xpd#cosponsors

      If even that.

      > If ps: as implemented is useful, and my feature request is different,
      > perhaps a feed of just cosponsor activity could be pcs:!

      I don't have that information; I can't reliably get updated
      cosponsorship info.

      Josh
    • Tim McGhee
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
        On Nov 30, 2007 4:40 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:

        > Tim McGhee wrote:
        > > Actually on closer examination, I'm not sure that this new ps: feature
        > > is exactly what was requested, though I'm grateful as always that Josh
        > > is still as quick as ever to respond to user feature requests.
        > >
        > > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rob was looking for a feed
        > > for member(s) that showed the bills to which a member had added or
        > > dropped his name.
        >
        > I am not sure, but I think I understood right.

        I just realized that even though I was trying to state it clearer, I could have been clearer yet.

        As in, not a feed of the bills (which a member is on), but a feed of just the activity of the actual adding and removing of the names from the bills.  (Nothing about the status of the bill, just the status of the list of cosponsor names.)  Or, if it's organized by member, a feed showing just the event of the adding or removing of his name.

        But if you can't get the data, or it's too cumbersome to compile yourself, oh well.

        Tim
        11,142 days

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007
          Tim McGhee wrote:
          > I just realized that even though I was trying to state it clearer, I
          > could have been clearer yet.

          I understood. :)

          > As in, not a feed of the bills (which a member is on), but a feed of
          > just the activity of the actual adding and removing of the names from
          > the bills. (Nothing about the status of the bill, just the status of
          > the list of cosponsor names.) Or, if it's organized by member, a feed
          > showing just the event of the adding or removing of his name.

          Right. Because THOMAS provides no general list of updated bills, and
          cosponsorship changes are not listed in the Daily Digest page (which is
          what I scan for which bills to update), I have no reliable way of
          getting updated cosponsorship info, and so cannot create such a feed.

          Josh