Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [govtrack] cosponsored feed for a rep

Expand Messages
  • Josh Tauberer
    ... I am not sure, but I think I understood right. ... That s true. ... If even that. ... I don t have that information; I can t reliably get updated
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Tim McGhee wrote:
      > Actually on closer examination, I'm not sure that this new ps: feature
      > is exactly what was requested, though I'm grateful as always that Josh
      > is still as quick as ever to respond to user feature requests.
      >
      > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rob was looking for a feed
      > for member(s) that showed the bills to which a member had added or
      > dropped his name.

      I am not sure, but I think I understood right.

      > As its implemented right now, the ps: feed seems to be a feed of any and
      > all activity for every bill on which a member has put his name. That
      > would seem to have a lot more information in it than what some of us
      > would find useful.

      That's true.

      > Also, as I read on the FAQ, it sounds like cosponsor information is only
      > updated monthly.
      > http://www.govtrack.us/faq.xpd#cosponsors

      If even that.

      > If ps: as implemented is useful, and my feature request is different,
      > perhaps a feed of just cosponsor activity could be pcs:!

      I don't have that information; I can't reliably get updated
      cosponsorship info.

      Josh
    • Josh Tauberer
      ... I just added feeds of the form: http://www.govtrack.us/users/events.xpd?monitors=ps:400130 ps = person (co)sponsorship You d have to get IDs from the
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Rob Pierson wrote:
        > Does anyone know if there is a way to create a feed of a
        > representative's most recently cosponsored legislation?

        I just added feeds of the form:

        http://www.govtrack.us/users/events.xpd?monitors=ps:400130

        'ps' = person (co)sponsorship

        You'd have to get IDs from the regular person pages on GovTrack.

        HTH

        (There's also a hidden pv: feed for votes for specific people.)

        --
        - Josh Tauberer
        - GovTrack.us

        http://razor.occams.info

        "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation! Yields
        falsehood when preceded by its quotation!" Achilles to
        Tortoise (in "Gödel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadter)
      • Rob Pierson
        That s VERY helpful, particularly for congressional staff. There was previously no way for us to get a list of bills our boss has cosponsored in a
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          That's VERY helpful, particularly for congressional staff. There was previously no way for us to get a list of bills our boss has cosponsored in a chronological format, much less in an RSS feed. 

          Thanks Josh!



          On Dec 5, 2007 10:03 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
          Rob Pierson wrote:
          > Does anyone know if there is a way to create a feed of a
          > representative's most recently cosponsored legislation?

          I just added feeds of the form:

          http://www.govtrack.us/users/events.xpd?monitors=ps:400130

          'ps' = person (co)sponsorship

          You'd have to get IDs from the regular person pages on GovTrack.

          HTH

          (There's also a hidden pv: feed for votes for specific people.)

          --
          - Josh Tauberer
          - GovTrack.us

          http://razor.occams.info

          "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields
          falsehood when preceded by its quotation!" Achilles to
          Tortoise (in "Gödel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadter)



          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
             http://groups.yahoo.com/group/govtrack/

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             http://groups.yahoo.com/group/govtrack/join
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
             govtrack-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


        • Tim McGhee
          Is this available in the form of one feed for all members, or shall we turn to Yahoo! Pipes for that? ;) Tim 11,140 days ... -- Tim McGhee 703-798-3227
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            Is this available in the form of one feed for all members, or shall we turn to Yahoo! Pipes for that?  ;)

            Tim
            11,140 days


            On Dec 5, 2007 11:08 AM, Rob Pierson < piersonr@...> wrote:

            That's VERY helpful, particularly for congressional staff. There was previously no way for us to get a list of bills our boss has cosponsored in a chronological format, much less in an RSS feed. 

            Thanks Josh!



            On Dec 5, 2007 10:03 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
            Rob Pierson wrote:
            > Does anyone know if there is a way to create a feed of a
            > representative's most recently cosponsored legislation?

            I just added feeds of the form:

            http://www.govtrack.us/users/events.xpd?monitors=ps:400130

            'ps' = person (co)sponsorship

            You'd have to get IDs from the regular person pages on GovTrack.

            HTH

            (There's also a hidden pv: feed for votes for specific people.)

            --
            - Josh Tauberer
            - GovTrack.us

            http://razor.occams.info

            "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields
            falsehood when preceded by its quotation!" Achilles to
            Tortoise (in "Gödel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadter)



            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
               http://groups.yahoo.com/group/govtrack/

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               http://groups.yahoo.com/group/govtrack/join
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
               mailto:govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
               govtrack-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/





            --
            Tim McGhee
            703-798-3227
            38.8205, -77.0445
            http://tim.mtopgroup.com

            Psalm 90:12
            So teach us to number our days,
            That we may gain a heart of wisdom.  
            http://numberyourdays.com
          • Tim McGhee
            Actually on closer examination, I m not sure that this new ps: feature is exactly what was requested, though I m grateful as always that Josh is still as quick
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              Actually on closer examination, I'm not sure that this new ps: feature is exactly what was requested, though I'm grateful as always that Josh is still as quick as ever to respond to user feature requests.

              Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rob was looking for a feed for member(s) that showed the bills to which a member had added or dropped his name.

              As its implemented right now, the ps: feed seems to be a feed of any and all activity for every bill on which a member has put his name.  That would seem to have a lot more information in it than what some of us would find useful.

              Also, as I read on the FAQ, it sounds like cosponsor information is only updated monthly.
              http://www.govtrack.us/faq.xpd#cosponsors

              If ps: as implemented is useful, and my feature request is different, perhaps a feed of just cosponsor activity could be pcs:!

              Tim
              11,140 days


              On Dec 5, 2007 8:38 PM, Tim McGhee <timtom@...> wrote:
              Is this available in the form of one feed for all members, or shall we turn to Yahoo! Pipes for that?  ;)

              Tim
              11,140 days



              On Dec 5, 2007 11:08 AM, Rob Pierson < piersonr@...> wrote:

              That's VERY helpful, particularly for congressional staff. There was previously no way for us to get a list of bills our boss has cosponsored in a chronological format, much less in an RSS feed. 

              Thanks Josh!



              On Dec 5, 2007 10:03 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
              Rob Pierson wrote:
              > Does anyone know if there is a way to create a feed of a
              > representative's most recently cosponsored legislation?

              I just added feeds of the form:

              http://www.govtrack.us/users/events.xpd?monitors=ps:400130

              'ps' = person (co)sponsorship

              You'd have to get IDs from the regular person pages on GovTrack.

              HTH

              (There's also a hidden pv: feed for votes for specific people.)

              --
              - Josh Tauberer
              - GovTrack.us

              http://razor.occams.info

              "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields
              falsehood when preceded by its quotation!" Achilles to
              Tortoise (in "Gödel, Escher, Bach" by Douglas Hofstadter)



              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/govtrack/

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/govtrack/join
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 mailto:govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                 govtrack-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/





              --
              Tim McGhee
              703-798-3227
              38.8205, -77.0445
              http://tim.mtopgroup.com

              Psalm 90:12
              So teach us to number our days,
              That we may gain a heart of wisdom.  
              http://numberyourdays.com



              --
              Tim McGhee
              703-798-3227
              38.8205, -77.0445
              http://tim.mtopgroup.com

              Psalm 90:12
              So teach us to number our days,
              That we may gain a heart of wisdom.  
              http://numberyourdays.com
            • Tim McGhee
              ... I just realized that even though I was trying to state it clearer, I could have been clearer yet. As in, not a feed of the bills (which a member is on),
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                On Nov 30, 2007 4:40 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:

                > Tim McGhee wrote:
                > > Actually on closer examination, I'm not sure that this new ps: feature
                > > is exactly what was requested, though I'm grateful as always that Josh
                > > is still as quick as ever to respond to user feature requests.
                > >
                > > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rob was looking for a feed
                > > for member(s) that showed the bills to which a member had added or
                > > dropped his name.
                >
                > I am not sure, but I think I understood right.

                I just realized that even though I was trying to state it clearer, I could have been clearer yet.

                As in, not a feed of the bills (which a member is on), but a feed of just the activity of the actual adding and removing of the names from the bills.  (Nothing about the status of the bill, just the status of the list of cosponsor names.)  Or, if it's organized by member, a feed showing just the event of the adding or removing of his name.

                But if you can't get the data, or it's too cumbersome to compile yourself, oh well.

                Tim
                11,142 days


              • Josh Tauberer
                ... I understood. :) ... Right. Because THOMAS provides no general list of updated bills, and cosponsorship changes are not listed in the Daily Digest page
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  Tim McGhee wrote:
                  > I just realized that even though I was trying to state it clearer, I
                  > could have been clearer yet.

                  I understood. :)

                  > As in, not a feed of the bills (which a member is on), but a feed of
                  > just the activity of the actual adding and removing of the names from
                  > the bills. (Nothing about the status of the bill, just the status of
                  > the list of cosponsor names.) Or, if it's organized by member, a feed
                  > showing just the event of the adding or removing of his name.

                  Right. Because THOMAS provides no general list of updated bills, and
                  cosponsorship changes are not listed in the Daily Digest page (which is
                  what I scan for which bills to update), I have no reliable way of
                  getting updated cosponsorship info, and so cannot create such a feed.

                  Josh
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.