Re: Vector Image of USA

  • tay199
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2007
      Josh,

      I would be very happy to hear your ideas, and everyone's ideas.

      Below is a basic spec for what I'm building. It would be great to add
      your thoughts.

      Right now, I'm planning on having the following info by state/district.

      MouseOver Callout
      • State Name Senate (Party of Senate 1)/(Party of Senate 2)
      • District # (Party)
      • Legislation Sponsored # (Link)

      Looks Like
       California
       Senate (D) /(D)
       District 23 (D)
       Govit Members 42
       edit this

      OnClick Callout
      • California
      o 921,999 people
      o $352,088 Political Contributions
      o Senators
       Picture of Senator, Name, Party, Voting Bar
       Picture of Senator, Name, Party, Voting Bar
      o District # House of Representatives
       Picture of Rep, Name, Voting Bar
      o Votes Sponsored
      o Govit Members
       Govit Members
       399 California
       390 District 23
       Most Po pular Votes
    • Marjorie Roswell
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 27, 2007
        I tried something like this, and found that I couldn't create a congressional district map that had few enough nodes. Huge files I either created (from GIS) or purchased were just tooooo slow loading into flash.

        followthemoney.org is doing something with Congressional districts (soon to be released). A good group to watch. Their approach is ajax-based, rather than Flash-based.

        On 10/27/07, tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:

        Josh,

        I would be very happy to hear your ideas, and everyone's ideas.

        Below is a basic spec for what I'm building. It would be great to add
        your thoughts.

        Right now, I'm planning on having the following info by state/district.

        MouseOver Callout
        • State Name Senate (Party of Senate 1)/(Party of Senate 2)
        • District # (Party)
        • Legislation Sponsored # (Link)

        Looks Like
        &#61607; California
        &#61607; Senate (D) /(D)
        &#61607; District 23 (D)
        &#61607; Govit Members 42
        &#61607; edit this

        OnClick Callout
        • California
        o 921,999 people
        o $352,088 Political Contributions
        o Senators
        &#61607; Picture of Senator, Name, Party, Voting Bar
        &#61607; Picture of Senator, Name, Party, Voting Bar
        o District # House of Representatives
        &#61607; Picture of Rep, Name, Voting Bar
        o Votes Sponsored
        o Govit Members
        &#61607; Govit Members
        &#61607; 399 California