Re: [govtrack] Data scrubbing?

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2005
      Jeremy Dunck wrote:
      > Well, that just makes govtrack all the more impressive.

      Heh heh, thanks.

      > How long do you think the gov gets a clue about the modern mandate for
      > electronic openness?

      When they see existing, practical uses for the information, they might
      start to get the idea.

      > I knew about Wikipedia's Special:Export, but they have some
      > limitations on how often you can call it which would hamper my goal.

      You might see if you can request a way to download their entire database
      to bootstrap the process, and then just fetch the changed pages in the
      future, if you really want the data.

      Good luck.