Re: [govtrack] also, offsite cache?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2007
      Nathan Hawks wrote:
      > Another thought, what about a cache?
      > - Script that uploads cached pages offsite after the thomas grab
      > - Instead of the Site Offline message, do a JS pull from the offsite
      > cache
      > - Would have to insert a big message div at top saying that this was
      > cached at date X time Y and dynamic content will be available again
      > ASAP.

      Actually, I already cache pages that have no user-specific content (if
      the user comes with no GovTrack cookies set), and I wonder if I could
      just spew those back during down time. That's an interesting idea.

      OTOH, either today was a light day, or upgrading to the latest Mono
      fixed something. There haven't been many server issues today.
      Nevertheless, next week I plan to buy a better server and will probably
      have the site moved over in a few weeks. (These days the advertising on
      the site generates enough money to pay a normal price for a good
      dedicated server.)