Which is the better Bill Screen scraping site

  • damianmont
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      Can I have your opinion Joshua (and anyone else that wants to chime in)

      Your excellent code points to you checking the most recent bill action at:
      http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/B?r110:@FIELD(FLD003+h)+@FIELD(DDATE+20070629)
      (say for the "house" and for the date: 06/29/2007)

      What about looking in the following directory:
      http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/

      They seem to have an update list all in xml format.

      Your opinion on it's quality. Had you seen it before? do you think
      it'll be there for a while?
    • Joshua Tauberer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
        --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "damianmont" <photoca@...> wrote:

        > Can I have your opinion Joshua (and anyone else that wants to chime in)
        >
        > Your excellent code points to you checking the most recent bill
        action at:

        http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/B?r110:@FIELD(FLD003+h)+@FIELD(DDATE+20070629)
        > (say for the "house" and for the date: 06/29/2007)
        >
        > What about looking in the following directory:
        > http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/
        >
        > They seem to have an update list all in xml format.
        >
        > Your opinion on it's quality. Had you seen it before? do you think
        > it'll be there for a while?

        I happen to write something about that a few days ago:
        http://www.theopenhouseproject.com/2007/07/04/legislative-xml-what-we-have-and-what-were-seeking/

        The first part of that post describes the (gpoxml) files you found.

        - Josh