[Fwd: New Registry of State agency databases]

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Thought some might be interested.

      - Josh

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: [openhouseproject] New Registry of State agency databases
      Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:20:55 -0900
      From: Daniel Cornwall <daniel.cornwall@...>
      To: <openhouseproject@...>

      Hello,

      I realize this group is focused on federal level information, but I
      thought some of you might interested in a new American Library
      Association Government Documents Roundtable project that will attempt to
      provide annotated links to public databases produced by the fifty state
      governments plus the District of Columbia.

      The main project page can be found at
      http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/State_Agency_Databases. At this
      moment in time, only the Alaska page is close to being finished, but
      viewing it will give you a flavor for the proposed project. The Alaska
      page is at http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/Alaska.

      If you'd like to help, please adopt a state and start adding databases
      using the Alaska page as a template. If you don't like the Alaska page,
      click on the "talk" tab of
      http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/State_Agency_Databases and suggest
      a better format.

      Otherwise, just watch the space because it will become progressively
      more useful. - Daniel Cornwall, Free Government Information,
      dnlcornwall@...

    • John DeBruyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007

        Hi Josh:

        Try this version of the Alaska link without the period at the end, if the one in the message below does not work for you:

        http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/Alaska

        That works for me while the one in the second paragraph below didn’t.

        Also, if the period at the end of the URL for the State_Agencies_Database page doesn’t work, try the one in the next paragraph without the trailing period.

        Thanks for passing this along,

        John

        John DeBruyn Denver CO USA

[...]

        dnlcornwall@ alaska.net