Need Data... Congressional Districts | Cities | Zips

  • tay199
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2007
      Hello,

      Does anyone know where I can get data that has the congressional
      districts, and corresponding cities and zips within each district?

      Thanks much,

      Taylor
    • Jeremy Dunck
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2007
        districts: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/cob/cd_metadata.html
        cities: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/
        zip codes: http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-July/012671.html

        On 6/22/07, tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:

        Hello,

        Does anyone know where I can get data that has the congressional
        districts, and corresponding cities and zips within each district?

        Thanks much,

        Taylor

      • Chris Joyner
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 22, 2007
          http://www.DownSizeDC.org may be somewhat helpful.

          tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:
          Hello,

          Does anyone know where I can get data that has the congressional
          districts, and corresponding cities and zips within each district?

          Thanks much,

          Taylor

          NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security
          Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They
          may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
          recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current
          President.

          in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        • tay199
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2007
            Thanks much for the links to the specific data.

            The zip code link leads to another link below that is not working.

            http://www.census.gov/geo/www/bob/bdy_files.html

            I think it's referencing this page...

            http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/zip1999.html

            Looks like the most recent zip data is 1999.

            The post office charges $900 to get the most recent! :o

            Any other ideas?

            Taylor

            The link for the zip code file

            --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Dunck" <jdunck@...> wrote:

            > districts: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/cob/cd_metadata.html
            > cities: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/
            > zip codes:

            http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-July/012671.html

            > On 6/22/07, tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > Does anyone know where I can get data that has the congressional
            > > districts, and corresponding cities and zips within each district?
            > >
            > > Thanks much,
            > >
            > > Taylor

          • Kennieth Goodwin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 25, 2007
              Try the 2006 Tiger Census Data, I have it downloaded. Check here:
              http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger. I would send them to ya, but it's
              well over 650GB.