Re: [govtrack] Looking for lists of elected officials

  • Marjorie Roswell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15 2:28 PM
      Likewise, my inquiry earlier today was looking for presidential appointments. And not just the list (since it's in the "Plum Book" but who actually reports to whom.

      On 6/15/07, Mark Dilger <markdilger@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Could anyone point me to a list of elected officials
      over time. I expect that no single list has
      everything I want, but the ideal list would have all
      senators, representatives, presidents, etc. etc. with
      their names, positions, and such going back in history
      as far as possible. Computer readable lists (xml, tab
      delimited, csv, postgres or mysql dumps) are
      preferable, but I can write the scripts to parse HTML,
      PDF or whatever if I need to.

      I am looking for the same data from all countries.

      Thanks,

      mark

      Never miss an email again!

    • Nancy Berry
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15 3:38 PM
        majorie, the chain of commands change so frequently I am not sure there
        is a way to know who reports to whom...I know sometimes a person is left
        wondering who his/her direct report is from night to morning.

        Nancy Berry

        http://tools. search.yahoo. com/toolbar/ features/ mail/