Looking for lists of elected officials

  • Mark Dilger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15 7:30 AM
      Hi All,

      Could anyone point me to a list of elected officials
      over time. I expect that no single list has
      everything I want, but the ideal list would have all
      senators, representatives, presidents, etc. etc. with
      their names, positions, and such going back in history
      as far as possible. Computer readable lists (xml, tab
      delimited, csv, postgres or mysql dumps) are
      preferable, but I can write the scripts to parse HTML,
      PDF or whatever if I need to.

      I am looking for the same data from all countries.

      Thanks,

      mark

      Never miss an email again!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15 10:45 AM
        Mark Dilger wrote:
        > Could anyone point me to a list of elected officials
        > over time. I expect that no single list has
        > everything I want, but the ideal list would have all
        > senators, representatives, presidents, etc. etc. with
        > their names, positions, and such going back in history
        > as far as possible. Computer readable lists (xml, tab
        > delimited, csv, postgres or mysql dumps) are
        > preferable, but I can write the scripts to parse HTML,
        > PDF or whatever if I need to.

        GovTrack's people.xml file (see the about -> source data page) has all
        congresspeople ever elected, based on bioguide.congress.gov.

        > I am looking for the same data from all countries.

        That's very ambitious!

      • Marjorie Roswell

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15 3:38 PM
            majorie, the chain of commands change so frequently I am not sure there
            is a way to know who reports to whom...I know sometimes a person is left
            wondering who his/her direct report is from night to morning.

            Nancy Berry

            http://tools. search.yahoo. com/toolbar/ features/ mail/