Re: Site Feedback

  • Chris Joyner
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
      Dude, I LOVE that idea!!! If there's a way to incorporate a little
      of both fun and simplicity I'd vote for that. However, for me, the
      bottom line would be that it serves specifically the purpose
      detailed in your summary here. I'm really looking forward to being
      actively involved in this when you have it up and running.
      Chris

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "tay199" <tay199@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm working on a site that allows you to vote on active
      legislation.
      > When you vote, you will be able to send your vote to your
      > representatives. You'll also be able to keep a running tally of how
      > you voted vs. your representatives. There will also be some social
      > networking tools as well.
      >
      > I'm currently working on the design. I'm debating between "simple"
      vs.
      > "fun". Which do you like better?
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/69723062@N00/
      >
      > Thanks for your thoughts and inspiration.
      >
      > Taylor

    • Aron Pilhofer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
        Yah, ditto. That sounds like a really great project. I'd vote for
        simple, but engaging. Don't make it silly or goofy. Fun is OK, but these
        are serious issues and should be treated seriously (especially if you
        want members to take it seriously).

        Chris Joyner wrote:

        > Dude, I LOVE that idea!!! If there's a way to incorporate a little
        > of both fun and simplicity I'd vote for that. However, for me, the
        > bottom line would be that it serves specifically the purpose
        > detailed in your summary here. I'm really looking forward to being
        > actively involved in this when you have it up and running.
        > Chris
        >
        > --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com <mailto:govtrack%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "tay199" <tay199@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I'm working on a site that allows you to vote on active
        > legislation.
        > > When you vote, you will be able to send your vote to your
        > > representatives. You'll also be able to keep a running tally of how
        > > you voted vs. your representatives. There will also be some social
        > > networking tools as well.
        > >
        > > I'm currently working on the design. I'm debating between "simple"
        > vs.
        > > "fun". Which do you like better?
        > >
        > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/69723062@N00/
        > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/69723062@N00/>
        > >
        > > Thanks for your thoughts and inspiration.
        > >
        > > Taylor

      • Chris Joyner
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
          I agree.  "Engaging" is a great place to start.  This is gonna be awesome.  About the only other type thing of which I'm aware is http://www.DownsizeDC.org which is great but the more opportunities for Individuals to "lobby" Our representatives, the better.