Re: [govtrack] Re: Are you using GovTrack data?

  • Peggy Garvin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2007
      Kevin,
      Thanks and keep it up! I do some training on "how a bill becomes a law" and this certainly will make my presentations a little less dull! Plus, it is a great way to show people how the THOMAS data is being reused in creative ways.

      Peggy
      www.garvinconsulting.com

      Kevin Henry <k@...> wrote:
      Hey Josh, et al.

      I put up a site a few days ago: Where a Bill becomes a Law
      (http://www.whereabi ll.org/). It's basically a clone of Google's
      driving directions, except that it tracks the steps a bill has taken
      through Congress. It's meant to be sort of a fun and educational way
      of seeing a bill's history. It's still rudimentary, but you will get
      the idea.

      I am using:
      - the bill status data (/data/us/*/ bills/*.xml)
      - the roll vote data (/data/us/*/ rolls/*.xml)
      - the people database (/data/us/110/ repstats/ people.xml)
      - the popularity listing (/data/us/bills. technorati. xml)
      - the search service (www.govtrack. us/congress/ billsearch_ api.xpd)

      Thanks, Josh, for providing the data.

      Kevin