[Fwd: Get Big Money Out of Politics - Vote for MAPLight.org]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      List members, consider voting for MAPLight below.

      - J

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Get Big Money Out of Politics - Vote for MAPLight.org
      Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:52:47 -0700
      From: Dan Newman <dan@...>
      To: 'Dan Newman' <dan@...>

      Dear friend,

      I need your help. MAPLight.org, the organization that I started, has
      entered an unusual web contest, for nonprofits. We need you to vote for
      MAPLight.org on the web. The top 20 vote-getters, out of 150 choices,
      will win a share of $100,000! The money will be divided unequally
      between the top 20 nonprofits at a conference in May called NetSquared.

      MAPLight.org illuminates the connection between money and politics. We
      provide unprecedented transparency for the California legislature and,
      starting next month, U.S. Congress.

      Please help by **voting for MAPLight.org**. It takes just three
      minutes--I timed it. The deadline is this Saturday at noon. **Please do
      it now: **

      1. Go to http://www.netsquared.org/user/register
      <http://ent.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=134063857&u=1286291>
      and create an account.

      You only have to complete the fields with a red “*”.

      2. Check your email for a link to login to the NetSquared site. Click
      that link.

      3. At the very top of the page, click “My Ballot,” or this link:
      http://www.netsquared.org/projects/my-ballot
      <http://ent.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=134063857&u=1286292>

      4. Type your name and for your first choice, pick “**A Light on Money
      and Politics: MAPLight.org.**”

      It’s near the top of the list. It begins with the letter “*A*.”

      5. Choose four other projects. You can pick projects that sound good to
      you, or just pick any four projects at random.

      6. At the bottom of the page, click Submit!

      7. Now, please ***forward this email*** to at least ten of your friends.
      It will help support our work to get big money out of politics.

      We’ll tell you next week if we made the top 20. We can’t win this
      contest without your help.** Please vote online now.**

      Thank you!

      Dan Newman
      Executive Director

      MAPLight.org

      Spread the word--please forward this to a friend.

      If you've received this from a friend and would like to join
      MAPLight.org's e-mail list please go to: http://www.maplight.org/sign_up
      <http://ent.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=134063857&u=1286293>

      <http://ent.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=134063857&u=1286294>