Re: [govtrack] Two Project Ideas

  • Andrew Badr
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 26, 2007
      http://federallink.org/

      There are several aspects of the site that aren't ready for public consumption, like the long lists of data and overall ugliness, but I want to get some feedback, starting with you fine folks on the govtrack mailing list.

      Beyond feedback, I'm looking for permanent help with coding, design, or establishing relationships with advocacy groups.

      -Andrew

      On 11/6/06, Andrew Badr <andrewbadr.etc@...> wrote:
      I'm glad to hear that people are interested. It's a friend and I working on the project. We can't devote all our time to it, but we expect to launch some time in February, and something that could be called a demo should be ready much sooner.

      Andrew

      On 11/6/06, Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us < tauberer@...> wrote:

      Andrew Badr wrote:
      > I'm already working Project 2 :)

      When can we all expect to see a demo? :)

      But, seriously, that's great. Keep us all posted.

      "Strike up the klezmer and start acting like a man. You're
      about to have a truth-mitzvah." -- The Colbert Report

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 27, 2007
        Andrew Badr wrote:
        > http://federallink.org/ <http://federallink.org/>
        >
        > There are several aspects of the site that aren't ready for public
        > consumption, like the long lists of data and overall ugliness, but I
        > want to get some feedback, starting with you fine folks on the govtrack
        > mailing list.
        >
        > Beyond feedback, I'm looking for permanent help with coding, design, or
        > establishing relationships with advocacy groups.

        Hey, Andrew.

        (Btw, apparently we know someone in common. Small world...)

        The site looks great. I look forward to being able to link from GovTrack
        to FederalLink (and hopefully to include some stats from your site on
        GovTrack).

        When you correlate the patterns of two advocacy groups, how do you
        select which groups to show (given the one the user is looking at)?

        I'd love to see some graphical representations of the data (the same way
        I made my political spectrum, for instance).

      • Nancy Berry
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 27, 2007
          I went in and registered...easy, and then went into bills...great work!

          Nancy Berry

          http://razor. occams.info