Anyone good at Flash?

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22 3:06 PM
      Is anyone good at Flash and could make something flashy for me for a
      presidential election page I'm going to roll out soon?

    • Jeremy Dunck
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23 6:19 AM
        Sadly, no.  It's a skill I've been meaning to pick up, but I'm overly busy just now.

        On 3/22/07, Josh Tauberer < tauberer@...> wrote:

        Is anyone good at Flash and could make something flashy for me for a
        presidential election page I'm going to roll out soon?

      • Michael Dale
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 23 10:51 AM
          I don't know if you have tried adobe flex yet but it makes it pretty
          darn easy to throw together flashy interfaces for statistical information.

          --michael

          Jeremy Dunck wrote:

          > Sadly, no. It's a skill I've been meaning to pick up, but I'm overly
          > busy just now.
          >
          > On 3/22/07, *Josh Tauberer* < tauberer@...
          > <mailto:tauberer@...>> wrote:
          >
          > Is anyone good at Flash and could make something flashy for me for a
          > presidential election page I'm going to roll out soon?

        • Aron Pilhofer
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 24 4:26 PM
            Yeah, here's a second vote for flex. I have not used it, but I am a .NET
            guy (and i know you are too, Josh). I got one look at it under the hood,
            and felt like I knew how things work -- it's that close to .NET. You
            should check it out. Only thing is, I don't know how much you can
            actually do with the free SDK....

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 24 4:51 PM
              adobe has a 30 day trial which includes the eclipse based IDE I have
              done one project with it and its a very nice platform for flash
              especially in comparison to trying to using the flash authoring
              environment as a programing platform...

              Depending on what you want to do ... you might also want to check out
              http://www.openlaszlo.org/ which works in a similar way with a XML,
              ECMAScript model letting you compile for either flash or DHTML... its
              not as far along as flex but its open source :)

              --michael

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 25 12:34 PM

                Michael Dale wrote:
                > adobe has a 30 day trial which includes the eclipse based IDE I have
                > done one project with it and its a very nice platform for flash
                > especially in comparison to trying to using the flash authoring
                > environment as a programing platform...
                >
                > Depending on what you want to do ... you might also want to check out
                > http://www.openlaszlo.org/ <http://www.openlaszlo.org/> which works in a
                > similar way with a XML,
                > ECMAScript model letting you compile for either flash or DHTML... its
                > not as far along as flex but its open source :)

                Thanks for pointing those out guys. I hadn't see either. Both look useful.

                But really I kinda just wanted to recruit a helper for those sorts of
                things. No takers, though.