The Open House Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      Fellow list members,

      I'm pleased to forward a press release from the Sunlight Foundation
      about The Open House Project, which is a working group of sorts that
      with the encouragement of Speaker Pelosi will be making a set of
      recommendations in March about how the House can best use the Internet
      to promote transparency.

      http://theopenhouseproject.com/

      The website will feature various points about this in blog style, and
      you may notice that the second post right now is my own. :-) From the
      release:

      "The bipartisan group . . . will be regularly consulting leaders in
      congressional process and the Internet as well as civically engaged
      citizens for their assistance in creating consensus on short-term
      reforms that can be implemented in the House. Expertise and research on
      many different aspects of Congress—ranging from video content, committee
      documents, and legislative support agencies, to lobbyist disclosure, and
      the use of structured information—will be integrated into a report to be
      presented to the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi in March."

      I encourage you to forward this press release far and wide and to start
      discussions on this topic. Feel free to post any ideas you have here to
      this list (I'll pass things along), or to the TOHP list (linked from the
      website), or by posting a comment on the TOHP website.