Constitutionality of recess appointments

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
      When there's an intersection between government and linguistics, I get
      very interested. Here's a note about the constitutionality of recess
      appointments by a former Penn professor (who I unfortunately didn't get
      to know since he left Penn shortly after I started here).

      http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003867.html

      Not really so on topic for this list, but, hey.

    • Peggy Garvin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
        Perhaps more than you want to know at:
        "Happen" and "Recess" are discussed on pages 3-10.

        Peggy

        "Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us" <tauberer@...> wrote:
        When there's an intersection between government and linguistics, I get
        very interested. Here's a note about the constitutionality of recess
        appointments by a former Penn professor (who I unfortunately didn't get
        to know since he left Penn shortly after I started here).

        http://itre. cis.upenn. edu/~myl/ languagelog/ archives/ 003867.html

        Not really so on topic for this list, but, hey.

        http://razor. occams.info

      • TML
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2006
          ...and how about those presidential "signing statements"...now
          there's a constitutional goldmine!

          tl
          "The party which, while in a minority, will lick the dust to gain the
          ascendancy becomes, in power, insolvent, vindictive and tyrannical."--
          Noah Webster, early 1800s