Re: [govtrack] MAPLight.org launch

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2006
      Scott Beardsley wrote:
      > Thanks for the link! It's nice to see someone has made
      > progress on this front. I'm curious if they plan on
      > opening up their gathering techniques.

      Hey, Scott.

      The money data comes from the Institute for Money in State Politics, and
      they recently released an API -- so that's already available. (I think
      the work on the API was funded by the Sunlight Foundation. Hold onto
      that thought for later.)

      As for the legislative data, I think I asked Dan about this and I don't
      remember what he said exactly, but the impression that is still in my
      memory is that they were very much thinking along those lines.

      "Strike up the klezmer and start acting like a man. You're
      about to have a truth-mitzvah." -- The Colbert Report