Re: [govtrack] Re: How Are The Maps Created For Govtrack.us

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2006
      Dana Powers wrote:
      > Why no more blog posts?
      > http://www.govtrack.us/blog/

      I'm not sure. I guess in my mind it sort of got replaced with the news
      items on the front page of GovTrack, although that ended up more about
      legislation in the news than comments about the site itself.

      Not too much has been happening with the site. I've been doing some
      internal tweaks to speed things up, but other than that, there's not
      much to say.

      I've been in contact with a few others working on some related projects
      recently (one of which will be based in part on GovTrack's data set),
      and as soon as those projects go public I'll post something here.
      They'll be really great.

      And I've been playing around more with Census data lately, and finally
      today I should have more or less the whole 2000 Census converted into
      RDF. (Just for example, one could then pretty easily make a table of
      senators' votes sorted by the percentage of workers 16 years or over who
      do not work at home whose travel time to work is 45 to 59 minutes. Why
      someone would want to do that is another story, but if someone did...)

      John DeBruyn wrote:
      > This needs to get blogged and out to the world. I checked to see that
      > each message here even has a "permalink" like:

      > for what you have just posted. OK that I look into wider distribution
      > of your most recent post.

      Always!

      "Strike up the klezmer and start acting like a man. You're
      about to have a truth-mitzvah." -- The Colbert Report
    • tay199
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2006
        OK! Thanks for the tips. I've been reviewing with my partner
        (programmer) and have had some success :)

        Next stop, cartograms.

        Thank you so much for the help!

        --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us"