Re: [govtrack] Just wanted to get everyone's opinion

  • Francis Calub
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2006
      The layout we're currently using does not follow the
      "classic" newspaper-type layout that New York Times,
      Washington Post, or the other older well known news
      sites use. People are used to reading the news in the
      "old fashion" way. I'm trying to figure out if we are
      friendly enough for the older generation of news
      readers to read.

      Here some of my questions for everyone:
      1. Is our site easy to navigate?
      2. It it easy to figure out that we are actually
      keeping a live political dossier on the individuals we
      are currently profiling? (THANKS to Josh we are now
      trying to figure out how to add legislations in one of
      our tabs. However, we are not as knowledgeable as Josh
      so this is going to be slow in the making. Kudos to
      Josh! :)
      3. How do we make our site even more appealing?

      Anyway, any suggestions and comments will be
      appreciated. Thanks James:)

      francis

      --- James Stewart <lists@...> wrote:

      > On May 24, 2006, at 12:01 PM, be_self_aware wrote:
      > > We just went public beta with www.votersdomain.com
      > . Do you guys think
      > > we should go with web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper
      > layout? I think web 2.0
      > > might not be as user friendly as web 1.0. New York
      > Times, Washington
      > > Post are still graphically web 1.0 but their
      > funcionality is at 2.0.
      >
      > Could you explain what you mean by "web 2.0 or web
      > 1.0 newspaper
      > layout"? I'm familiar with the terms "web 1.0" and
      > "web 2.0" but not
      > what that might mean for your layout.
      >
      > James.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • tgkgroup
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2006
        Votersdomain.com looks quite nice, easy to find my way around. The
        profiles on the members are also very good. The design makes me want
        to stay on the site rather then leave the site, which is the case with
        many large-content based web sites. Good job!