Re: [govtrack] Just wanted to get everyone's opinion

  • James Stewart
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2006
      On May 24, 2006, at 12:01 PM, be_self_aware wrote:
      > We just went public beta with www.votersdomain.com . Do you guys think
      > we should go with web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper layout? I think web 2.0
      > might not be as user friendly as web 1.0. New York Times, Washington
      > Post are still graphically web 1.0 but their funcionality is at 2.0.

      Could you explain what you mean by "web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper
      layout"? I'm familiar with the terms "web 1.0" and "web 2.0" but not
      what that might mean for your layout.

      James.
    • Francis Calub
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2006
        The layout we're currently using does not follow the
        "classic" newspaper-type layout that New York Times,
        Washington Post, or the other older well known news
        sites use. People are used to reading the news in the
        "old fashion" way. I'm trying to figure out if we are
        friendly enough for the older generation of news
        readers to read.

        Here some of my questions for everyone:
        1. Is our site easy to navigate?
        2. It it easy to figure out that we are actually
        keeping a live political dossier on the individuals we
        are currently profiling? (THANKS to Josh we are now
        trying to figure out how to add legislations in one of
        our tabs. However, we are not as knowledgeable as Josh
        so this is going to be slow in the making. Kudos to
        Josh! :)
        3. How do we make our site even more appealing?

        Anyway, any suggestions and comments will be
        appreciated. Thanks James:)

        francis

        --- James Stewart <lists@...> wrote:

        > On May 24, 2006, at 12:01 PM, be_self_aware wrote:
        > > We just went public beta with www.votersdomain.com
        > . Do you guys think
        > > we should go with web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper
        > layout? I think web 2.0
        > > might not be as user friendly as web 1.0. New York
        > Times, Washington
        > > Post are still graphically web 1.0 but their
        > funcionality is at 2.0.
        >
        > Could you explain what you mean by "web 2.0 or web
        > 1.0 newspaper
        > layout"? I'm familiar with the terms "web 1.0" and
        > "web 2.0" but not
        > what that might mean for your layout.
        >
        > James.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • tgkgroup
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2006
          Votersdomain.com looks quite nice, easy to find my way around. The
          profiles on the members are also very good. The design makes me want
          to stay on the site rather then leave the site, which is the case with
          many large-content based web sites. Good job!