Just wanted to get everyone's opinion

  • be_self_aware
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2006
      We just went public beta with www.votersdomain.com . Do you guys think
      we should go with web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper layout? I think web 2.0
      might not be as user friendly as web 1.0. New York Times, Washington
      Post are still graphically web 1.0 but their funcionality is at 2.0.
      Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks :)
    • James Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2006
        On May 24, 2006, at 12:01 PM, be_self_aware wrote:
        > We just went public beta with www.votersdomain.com . Do you guys think
        > we should go with web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper layout? I think web 2.0
        > might not be as user friendly as web 1.0. New York Times, Washington
        > Post are still graphically web 1.0 but their funcionality is at 2.0.

        Could you explain what you mean by "web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper
        layout"? I'm familiar with the terms "web 1.0" and "web 2.0" but not
        what that might mean for your layout.

        James.
      • Francis Calub
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2006
          The layout we're currently using does not follow the
          "classic" newspaper-type layout that New York Times,
          Washington Post, or the other older well known news
          sites use. People are used to reading the news in the
          "old fashion" way. I'm trying to figure out if we are
          friendly enough for the older generation of news
          readers to read.

          Here some of my questions for everyone:
          1. Is our site easy to navigate?
          2. It it easy to figure out that we are actually
          keeping a live political dossier on the individuals we
          are currently profiling? (THANKS to Josh we are now
          trying to figure out how to add legislations in one of
          our tabs. However, we are not as knowledgeable as Josh
          so this is going to be slow in the making. Kudos to
          Josh! :)
          3. How do we make our site even more appealing?

          Anyway, any suggestions and comments will be
          appreciated. Thanks James:)

          francis

          --- James Stewart <lists@...> wrote:

          > On May 24, 2006, at 12:01 PM, be_self_aware wrote:
          > > We just went public beta with www.votersdomain.com
          > . Do you guys think
          > > we should go with web 2.0 or web 1.0 newspaper
          > layout? I think web 2.0
          > > might not be as user friendly as web 1.0. New York
          > Times, Washington
          > > Post are still graphically web 1.0 but their
          > funcionality is at 2.0.
          >
          > Could you explain what you mean by "web 2.0 or web
          > 1.0 newspaper
          > layout"? I'm familiar with the terms "web 1.0" and
          > "web 2.0" but not
          > what that might mean for your layout.
          >
          > James.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • tgkgroup
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11 3:10 PM
            Votersdomain.com looks quite nice, easy to find my way around. The
            profiles on the members are also very good. The design makes me want
            to stay on the site rather then leave the site, which is the case with
            many large-content based web sites. Good job!